13 million children orphaned by AIDS in Africa. Problem or potential? HOPEHIV sees them as Africa's greatest hope. Join us as we unearth and empower Africa's future leaders from within the orphan generation. These are children bursting with talent, passion and creativity - you can help us unleash their incredible potential!
Charity Registration No 1079385.
£10,000 US$20,000 EUR15,000
In 2003, the Salvation Army set up kids camps to give orphaned children psycho-social and practical support. This includes:
- Regular home visits to orphans to assess their family situation and to provide basic support and counselling
- The establishment of Child Protection Committees in villages
- Parenting-skills training for adolescent heads of households
- Training and support for orphan guardians
- Health clubs for children in 30 schools
- School fees for orphans who cannot afford to pay
- Annual residential adventure camps
- Educational support for those falling behind in school
- Vocational support for older orphans
Yet, despite these efforts, thousands of children like the Vilakati family remain unreached and unsupported. Our goal is to raise £10,000 to extend this project to more regions in Swaziland. If you have been touched by this story please give generously; your donation will substantially help to alleviate the suffering of many children.
DONATE NOW USING THE LINK BELOW